Google Play App
iTunes App
facebook twitter

Downtown GI fire blamed on faulty cord

A fire that destroyed the downtown building that belonged to Rons Transmissions in GI on was caused by the failure of an electrical cord. The cause was determined through an investigation. by the Grand Island Fire Department and the Nebraska state fire marshal's office.According to a press release from the city, the investigation indicated the fire wasn't suspicious in nature but was due to an electrical issue associated with an electrical cord failure. Total damage estimates aren't yet available, but the building is considered a total loss with the exception of the space occupied by Edward's Audio and Video, which suffered light smoke and water damage.

Platte River Radio ESPN Superstation Logo KKPR Logo KLIQ Logo Hastings Link Logo Platte River Preps Logo

As per Federal Communications Commission Regulations following is certified: Platte River Radio Inc. does not discriminate in the sale of commercial time, and will not accept advertising which, in its sole opinion, is purchased with intent to discriminate unlawfully on the basis of race, gender, or ethnicity. The advertiser hereby certifies that its purchase of commercial time is not made for an unlawful discriminatory purpose, including specifically that it is not based upon a decision to place advertising on a station on the basis of race, gender, or ethnicity.